Employer: GIG_Software Development - Johannesburg
We are looking for passionate full-stack polyglot Software Engineers with a C# background with front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue) experience to design, develop and implement software solutions and mobile android applications for our clients. We believe in and follow strong agile practices and DevOps principles. We foster a solid culture of learning, mentoring, and knowledge sharing. The successful candidates will be able to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with best practice coding standards, current technology stack, and technical design.
Technical Stack:• HTML / CSS / JS
• .NET specific will include: MVC / WCF / WPF / Entity Framework or Dappa
• Web Services and Networking: RESTful APIs / SOAP / HTTPS / GRPC / Protobuf
• Mobile: Android / IOS / Ionic / React Native / Cordova
• Cloud: Amazon Web Services / Azure / Google Cloud
• DevOps: Jenkins / Bamboo / Gitlab CI
• HTML / CSS / JS / Angular 2 or later / ReactJS
• Java including: Java SE / Java EE / Hibernate/ JPA / Spring
• JVM Languages: Kotlin / Groovy
• Build & Dependency Tools: Maven / Gradle
• Testing: JUnit / Selenium / Mockito / Cucumber
• Microservices: Spring Boot / Vert.X / Micronaut / Netflix OSS libraries
• Containerisation: Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
• 4-7 years working experience
• Ability to adhere to coding Standards
• Knowledge of industry coding standards/guidelines
• Understanding basic coding concepts like Code blocks, flow, IO, FileSystem, Serialization, Configuration, Self-commenting code, Data access
• Understanding coding concepts and constructs like lambdas, Idomatic patterns, and RegEx
• Understanding of OOP
• Understanding the difference between solution architecture and design
• Design principles and architectural and design patterns
• Concepts such as IoC
• SDLC – Agile, Waterfall, ETC
• Knowledge of security concepts, tools and techniques
• Ability to define quality in context of software development
• Be comfortable with looking into other languages (Stepping outside your core language comfort zone)
• Understanding of the different areas that effect development i.e. DevOps, UX, Data etc.
• Have the desire to continuously learn and knowledge share
• Developed behavioral skills and one-year people management
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of key strategy and structured problem-solving concepts
• Guides conversations by adapting behaviour towards the needs of the team
• Encourages co-operation and communication amongst teams
• Ability to develop business insights through data analysis and research in order to deliver a real value add
• Demonstrates business acumen and shows awareness of market trends and the importance of business principles and cost savings
• Ability to present information and key points both visually and verbally
• Involved in organisational social responsibility
• Comfortable understanding of the various policies and procedures, namely BBBEE reporting, EE Act, LRA, Disciplinary procedures
• Contributes as an IQ citizen and allows the business to operate and grow
• Provides meaningful input into the proposal development process
• Develops and manages client relationships
• Keeps up to date with market trends – displays entrepreneurial awareness and identifies opportunities that the business can capitalize on or cost-saving initiatives to accomplish the relevant task
Please note: As all IQbusiness roles require honesty in the handling of or access to cash, finances, financial systems, or confidential information; our recruitment process requires that the following background checks be completed: credit, criminal, ID, and qualification verification.
IQbusiness is committed to sustainable growth and transformation, we embrace diversity and employ previously disadvantaged individuals.
2 people have applied for this job. 529 people have viewed this job.
IQbusiness has also given me the opportunity to be involved in exciting initiatives such as B-Corp and the Women’s Chapter Network which allows me to find meaning in my work. Working under good leadership and a supportive team at IQbusiness really makes me enjoy coming to work every day.
RAS – Senior Associate – Sustainability