24.com is looking for a C# ASP.NET Developers, to join the Careers24 development team, situated at their trendy offices in Adderley Street, Cape Town.
Apply before Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 14 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, multi-skilled team of Developers, Designers, and Product owners, in order to iteratively deliver sound technical solutions on a suite of web and mobile products across the 24.com network.
- Please note that this job may expire at any time, for operational reasons. Advert closing dates may vary from those published on job boards and third party sites. Please double-check the closing date before applying
• BSc or B-Tech in Computer Science / IT preferred (but not essential)
• 5+ years development experience working with ASP.NET and C# (Frameworks 4.0 & higher)
• Solid Visual Studio experience (2012 & higher)
• Solid understanding of Computer Science principles especially OOP, SOA and distributed programming
• Well experienced in advanced web application development
• Experience in XML related technologies (SOAP, WSE, XSD, etc.)
• Developing for mobile handsets using web technologies
• Previous experience on large internet sites with high traffic load
• Experience working with Elastic, Redis or Lucene technologies • Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner
• Ability to monitor your own activities and take corrective action where necessary
• Ability to constructively help others in the team and by so doing raise team performance
• Ability to work with others toward shared goals and meeting or exceeding them
• Ability to easily share ideas
• Flexible about working with new methodologies and technologies • Work closely with Developers, Designers, QA and Product Owners to develop cutting edge products across the web and mobile space, using the 24.com platforms
• Take development lead on larger complex projects
• Drive low level solution design workshops with fellow team members during whiteboard sessions
• Make a positive contribution to requirement workshops, or scrum events attended with a view on the broader needs of the group
• Mentor, groom and knowledge share amongst team members
• Assist and support Design, QA and the OPS teams during the various stages of the development life cycle
• Develop enhancements and fix bugs on existing products
• Perform Alpha Testing on all developments 24.com is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile, applications, job listings and interactive TV. Centered on News24, 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa's largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 6 million local unique browsers monthly.