To handle Underwriting functions through accurate, efficient, timeous processing of proposal forms and policy administration, and handling of broker and client queries within various SLA’S, SOPS and turnaround times
2.1 Primary purpose of the job
· Acceptance / rejection of new business as per UW criteria
· Underwriting decisions made and communicated prior to policy activation
· Referral of cases to Team Leader
· Liaise with broker regarding missing or additional information required
· All endorsements accurately recorded on Operating System
· Attach all correspondence to E-docs on Grail
· Issuing of quotes to brokers/clients, once accepted, activate the quote and issue policy documents
· Handle broker and client queries via e-mail or telephone efficiently and professionally within turnaround times
· All policy updates responded to and actioned within 24 hours
· Updated documents sent and communicated to broker/client
· Weekly reports and follow up done on outstanding quotes
· Pre-debit checks done on monthly policies
· Ensure correct policy /broker fees raised on each policy
· Advise brokers/clients of bounced debits
· Ensure policies are cancelled as required and cancellation letters sent to brokers/clietns
· Ensure unpaid letters are e-mailed to brokers/clients
· Annual renewals policies sent to brokers/cleitns and upcoming renewals within 90 days.
1. Converting quotes to policies
Ensure there are no duplicated applications.
Assess risk by checking for existing and cancelled policy information against the client’s ID number.
Accurate capturing information and completing the checklist.
Using sub-statuses correctly.
Requesting for outstanding information to activate the quote via SMS and email.
Sending out documents to clients and brokers within the SLA.
Adhering to turnaround times, new quotes responses within 72 hours, and follow-ups on quotes every 7 days).
1. Customer queries
Notifying clients and or brokers of unpaid debit orders, and or error receipts on their policies. Cancellation letters sent to the clients and or brokers with accuracy within 24 hours of receipt of the queries.
Requests for changes on policies done and confirmed to the clients and or brokers within 24 hours of receipts.
1. Handling of calls
Answering and handling calls professionally.
Do not leave clients on hold for longer than a minute, speak clearly, do not use slang. Making summarised notes on policy history after speaking to the clients. Confirming any action done on the policy to the client via email.
• Grade 12/NQF4
• Basic Computer Skills
2 years in Administration
· Delivering results and meeting customer experience