We are looking for a Junior Tester to join our client on one of our software products. the product is fully integrated, multitenant web application that has been in production for over 5 years. The product enables a myriad of clients to capture, manage, track and report on all aspects of their improvement program regardless of the size of the organisation. The product currently operates in 6 continents globally, expanding across various industries including mining, manufactoring and aviation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. Software testing involves the analysis of software and systems to avert risk and prevent software issues. Involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment.
RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
1. Create and maintain databases of known test defects.
2. Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, error or bug resets, or usability.
3. Document software defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to software developers.
4. Identify, analyse and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
5. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
6. Participate in product reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs schedules or potential problems.
7. Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
8. Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
9. Perform system load tests for new products.
10. Make improvements to functionality, design, and usability of new products.
Desired Experience & Qualification
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. 1-2 years experience as a Software Tester.
2. A degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.
3. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
4. Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
5. Visual Studio, C#, Selenium beneficial
6. Hands-on experience with functional testing, integration testing and regression testing.
7. TMap, ISEB, ISTQB certification is beneficial.
8. Up-to-date knowledge of the latest testing developments.
9. Must have excellent communication skills, able to provide accurate feedback to the development team on the overall testing progress, bug fixes and patches.
10. Must have experience working within Agile frameworks and participation in agile ceremonies.