Meaning of Eduvos The word Eduvos comes from the concept of your education. The “Edu” part of Eduvos talks about education and taking custodianship and responsibility. The “Vos” part of Eduvos talks about you, yourself, and your best self. The combination of Edu and Vos talks about taking responsibility for your education and making the best choice for yourself. Your education is your future. Scope and scale Eduvos is one of South Africa’s largest independent private higher education institutions with 12 campuses across the country and many international students. Eduvos offers 21 degrees in humanities, arts, business, science and law. To support the learning ladder of people seeking to enter degrees we also offer Higher Certificate and Pre-degree programmes that enable access to degree programmes. Eduvos educational philosophy Our educators believe in building skills for the future and enabling students to take up careers in a volatile, uncertain, chaotic, and ambiguous world. Our education is designed to create a deep understanding of an area, supporting skills development through practical application, and challenging thinking to allow for adaptation to new possibilities.
The Position: We are looking to recruit a Photographer/ Videographer to provide a photography/videography service to the Eduvos marketing team. The role will report to the Studio Manager.
Functional and technical competencies:
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrate breadth of experience and solid photography/videography skills with a strong portfolio
• Editing skills
• Experience collaborating with copywriters, multimedia designers, animators and graphic designers
• A discerning eye for branding aesthetics
• Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed Accountabilities:
• Photography and videography (production) of Eduvos campuses, assets and academic material to be utilised in Marketing campaigns and collateral
• Edit footage post-production
• Capture high quality event content
• Timeous delivery Create a strong gallery of aspirational imagery and video content to reflect Eduvos brand identity o Alignment to campaign objectives o Quality
o Timeous delivery o Variation for different target markets Behavioural competencies:
• Initiative and responsibility
• Constructive teamwork
• Effective communication (verbal and written)
• Professional and technical expertise
• Analysis and judgment / problem solving
• Innovation and change
• Systematic approach (planning and organising) - multiple project deadlines across multiple programs · Execution
EDUVOS is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.