Durban. R60k CTC pm. max. The position exists to optimize the flow of information in the Company and Region, by providing innovative solutions on hardware, software and procedures to ensure reliability, security, storage and sharing of data
• Suppliers and service providers
The position encompasses the following major functions or key result areas:
• IT Strategy
• Project management
• People management
• ERP system
• Corporate contribution
Hardware and Networking:
• To control all computerisation needs for Conlog Local business and international.
• To oversee the maintenance and development of the Information, Communications and Telecommunication system
of the Company and Region.
• To ensure full compatibility of Information System with that of the group and other subsidiaries.
• To manage company and region IT infrastructure.
• To ensure the optimal running of the company ERP system.
• To analyse hardware needs based on current and future business requirements.
• To oversee the network infrastructure.
• To determine current and future software requirement.
• To evaluate the implementation of new software requirements.
• To analyse functionality of current and new systems in relation to organisational needs.
• Control all new software versions
• Control all software licenses with System Administrator.
• To plan projects for medium and long term requirements.
• To designate leaders of projects.
• To monitor project progress on an ongoing basis.
• To co-ordinate corrective action where necessary.
• To chair M.I.S user committee
• Ensure familiarisation training for new users is done to ensure understanding of logon procedures, email
facilities, storage limitations, drive mappings, departmental and corporate data template and document
• Provide “Best Practises” guidance to unfamiliar computer users to enhance data integrity by correct use of
Information Systems resources.
• Constructively participate as a member of the wider Conlog team
• Undertake any other tasks or one-off projects which may be assigned from time to time
• Ensure protection of the company’s commercial interests always and in all circumstances
• Take all practicable steps to ensure personal safety and the safety of others as a matter of priority
• Demonstrate professional skill and a high standard of fairness and integrity
Qualification and Experience:
• Relevant information technology degree or diploma
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Skills/Attributes/position specific competencies:
• Knowledge of installation and trouble-shooting of desktop applications
• Knowledge of personal computer components
• Knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure Components
• Proficiency in network installation procedures, including printers and modems
• Proficiency with Windows operating system and associated tools and utilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Negotiation and networking skills
• Professional approach
• Commitment to customer service
• High level of integrity and confidentiality
• Able to work under pressure
• Analytical thinking
• Client focus
• Personal development
• Planning and organising
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
Should you not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful