Modjadjiskloof Area â Limpopo: The successful incumbent will be responsible for conducting horticultural research to optimize the productivity and quality of avocado trees and fruit.
The incumbent should conduct field and post-harvest trials, plan, develop and manage large scale operational research orchards, as well as capture, maintain and analyze research data. The incumbent requires the ability to work independently and to manage his/her own research budget. The incumbent must have good communication skills and be able to transfer research outcome’s to practical implementation.
The incumbent must be willing to travel both locally and internationally.
• A MSc degree in Horticulture, Botanyor Breeding
• At least 3 Years’ experience in agriculture (fruit production), preferably in a research field
• Expert knowledge of research methodology
• Expert knowledge of orchard management
• Expert knowledge of report writing
• Sound knowledge of staff management
• Computer literacy: MS Office - full package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Statistical packages
• Fluency in English both written and spoken
• Spanish/Portuguese/Mandarin: conversational would be an advantage
• Good communication skills
• High level of commitment to accuracy and quality