Growth and decay are fundamental realities. New equipment, whether operated or not, starts decaying immediately. Maintenance needs to be the life force behind our plant and equipment’s’ physical existence with the aim of giving it renewal and sustainability, whether from wear and tear or damage. We will measure our effectiveness using plant availability.
Are you an electrician with the skills and experience to look after automated imported German equipment?
The individual must ensure that all equipment is to design according to German specification and design. The individual must do daily preventive maintenance on all electrical, instrumentation and control equipment in the plant.
The individual should be skilled in AS-I and Profibus control circuits as well as SEW drives. PLC programming is not a required skill as these are done by a third party but fault finding on PLC is a requirement to determine source of problems.
The individual should have good attention to detail in viewing standards and design. The individual should have high quality of work standards and preferably have a history in working with German technicians.
The candidate must be willing to work overtime and be on standby.
The candidate must live within a 50km radius of Midrand.
Verifiable references of the applicant will testify to the skills and experience described below.
Expected Key Input Areas
• Know and understand the plant and equipment design and technical specifications and standards.
• Have care and skilled human capacity as this is the only only resource that can convert an idea into reality.
• Work within the maintenance infrastructure and tools and ensure that these are maintained and improved upon.
• Contribute to the understanding and management of the spare components/parts supply chain.
• Execute preventative maintenance and call outs to standards and Safety protocols.
• Measure and report relevant issues with reverence to their part in the value chain.
• Meet with maintenance foreman and production staff to discuss maintenance/engineering breakdowns in the plant.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, instruments and control equipment, other equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, instruments and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes of practice.
• Advise the maintenance foreman on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous and the availability of spares.
• Health and safety.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes of practice and by laws.
• Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Prepare sketches or follow electrical drawings to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes of practice and by laws.
• Do monthly inspections on all portable equipment and keep the relevant documentation up to date.
• Do monthly earth leakage tests on all earth leakages in the plant and in the offices and keep the relevant documentation up to date.
profibus : 5 to 6 years
as-i : 5 to 6 years
SEW drives : 5 to 6 years
• A minimum of an N3 certificate.
Red seal trade test certificate from a reputed training centre.
Must have PLC Faultfinding skills.
As-I and Profibus control circuits.
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Physics — Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical structures and processes.
• Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, acts, regulations and strategies to promote effective local or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and infrastructure.
• Active Listening — giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Been trained by a professional in doing things right
Worked in a production or mining environment.
At least 5 years experience in the electrical trade.
At least 5 years instrumentation experience.
Maintained state of the art quality machinery.
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.
At Be Relevant Placements we understand that only by you offering relevance to the market efficiently can the success of your organisation be maintained. We know that to sustain this success flexibility and innovation is imperative. Only your people can help you do this.
Our commitment to you the employer is to:
Understand the dynamics and personality of your team so that we can pollinate your team with people that will bring the needed balance and skill to enhance your capacity to be relevant and efficient.
Our commitment to you the job seeker is to:
Understand who you are in order to facilitate your placement in a team that will enhance your ability to grow and learn while contributing to the success of the organisation.