This is a terrific opportunity for you to expand your career with this well-known and successful player in the Financial Services / Consumer Credit industry in Cape Town.
Your primary purpose will be to take accountability for overseeing the Development Life Cycle, Maintenance and Support of all BI solutions, including the architecture of the Data Platform. You will be responsible for the Data modelling, ETL Development, Testing, Implementation and Deployment of all BI Development.
The Data Team: The BI Manager and yourself (each with a team of six) will report directly to the Head of Data. Your team will consist of six front end and back end developers
· Partner with the BI BA Team to ensure functional requirements are accurately translated into sound technical specifications for Development
· Responsible for ensuring that the Data models of all BI solutions delivered are accurate, quality, fit-for-purpose and meet the needs of the internal/external customer
· Responsible for defining the architecture principles and coding standards for the Data Platform
· Manage the BI Development life cycle, ensuring adherence to the architecture principles and coding standards
· Lead the Design Forum by influencing and finalising the architecture of the Data Platform
· Responsible for the governance, including Data integrity and security of the Data Platform
· Ensure that the design of BI solutions is scalable and aligned to the architecture principals of the Data Platform
· Responsible for reviewing BI Development and streamline processes to improve performance and stability
· Responsible for BI systems performance monitoring and capacity planning
· Reporting on progress of BI technical deliverables
· Represent BI at the Change Board and all necessary forums
· Provide input into the Data Strategy and stay abreast of new technologies and tools that could support the execution of the Data Strategy
· Responsible for leading and enhancing the strategic design and maintenance of BI applications
· Responsible for the adherence to internal BI SDLC, development methodologies and operational procedures
bi development : 8 to 9 years
dev team management : 4 to 5 years
Full Microsoft BI Stack : 7 to 8 years
Minimum Requirements and Attributes
· Relevant IT tertiary qualification
· Microsoft Certified Professional / Specialist - Preferable
· Experience in designing, building and maintaining a modern data platform, including data lakes, data warehouses, business friendly semantic layers, etc.
· Extensive experience with Dimensional Modelling/Data Modelling
· Experience in developing Star Schemas and Multidimensional models according to the Ralph Kimball design principals
· Minimum of 8 years BI Development experience, full Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI)
· Exposure to modern data platform technologies that support cloud, big data, real-time data provisioning and advanced analytics/AI implementations
· Exposure to Data Visualisation tools (Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI etc.)
· People & Project management experience
· Experience working within a Waterfall and Agile environment
· Financial Services, Retail or Consulting experience – Desirable
· Business acumen
· Solution orientated with ability to resolve complex Data and performance challenges
· Expert attention to detail and accuracy
· Numerical and advanced analytical skills
· Learning agility and curiosity
· Rational, coherent and persuasive
· Effective relationship management and collaborations skills
· Customer-oriented with a passion for high quality service delivery
· Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
· Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical users
· Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables
· Adaptable with the ability to excel in a fast-paced and changing environment
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.
Star Personnel Recruitment was established in 1986 and has become a well respected name in the recruitment and selection of top talent for a carefully selected number of the most sought after employers in South Africa. Having a reputation for expertly matching candidates based on skills, personality and attitude while treating all applicants in a confidential and professional manner.
With one of the most sophisticated and comprehensive recruitment databases in the industry, as well as a team of Senior Consultants constantly scouring the market for stars, Star Personnel takes the guesswork out of appointing top staff.