Three-year fixed term academic contract (Junior Lecturer)
Permanent academic (Lecturer)
Minimum salary scale
(Total Cost to Company)
R431 668 (Junior Lecturer)
R576 761 (Lecturer)
Note: CUT applies an internal parity model to determine remuneration that complies with the principle of “equal pay for work of equal value”. Accordingly, the preferred candidate may expect an offer that is in line with their qualifications and years of similar experience. Please contact the Recruitment office for more information on the applicable salary scale.
Minimum Qualification/ Knowledge and/or
To be appointed as Junior Lecturer:
· A relevant four-year tertiary qualification, i.e. B Tech (only CUT graduates)/B Eng./Honours degree or equivalent at NQF 8
To be appointed as Lecturer:
· A relevant Master’s-level degree (i.e. M Tech/MSc/NQF 9 or equivalent)
· At least two years’ teaching/lecturing/industry experience relevant to the subject field(s)
· Any acknowledged publication, research, innovation or creative output
· Evidence of progress towards registration as a Candidate/Professional Technologist/Engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa
RECRUITMENT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
· Candidates will be recruited and appointed in accordance with the Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Programmes of the Central University of Technology, Free State.
· The Central University of Technology, Free State reserves the right to conduct/employ a third party to conduct a background investigation in respect of all short-listed candidates.
· Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you haven’t received feedback in four weeks, consider your application not shortlisted.
· The Central University of Technology, Free State reserves the right not to make an appointment in the advertised post and/or to appoint other suitable persons recruited by means other than this advertisement. Appointment, either on a permanent or contract basis, will be negotiated with the successful candidate.