· Underwriting of new and renewal business on Professional Indemnity and General Liability.
· Ensuring that risks are written within the company’s risk appetite and complies within the reinsurance/underwriting treaties and internal mandates.
· Monitoring and taking corrective action on badly performing risks.
· Maintain an acceptable loss ratio.
· Maintain policy wording drafts and ensure that the product remains competitive with market offering.
· Dealing with day to day queries and amendments to existing policies.
· Providing brokers with advice.
· Maintaining and building good customer relationships with brokers.
· Conducting product training to brokers.
· Provide input into building and designing various aspects of the products on a designated system.
· Provide comparisons between the competitors’ products
· Do broker visits with a view on growing the liability footprint including the overall footprint of the associated business products
· 5 – 7 years underwriting experience of which 3 years liability underwriting experience
· Proven track record of underwriting experience e.g. assessing exposure and underwriting levels
· Very good communication skills (both written & verbal)
· NQF Level 4: Short-Term Commercial Lines min 60 Credits
· Successfully completed the RE 5 Examination Level 1
Send your CV and latest pay slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATripleA Recruitment and Temps