Will be responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: Production ( Extrusion, Printing, Lamination, Slitting and Bag Making),cost and on line quality control, development of new products, factory stock levels, ISO, BRC, safety, legal compliance and coordination with other departments and commodity inventory levels.
- Provide leadership for the successful day to day operations of the facility in a process of continuous safe, production efficiency improvement
- Actively developing (with the rest of the executive team) and implementing company strategies. All your Personnel must know and “buy into” the strategies and the strategies must be communicated to all staff at an ‘appropriate’ level of detail.
- Planning, organizing, formulating, directing and controlling “jobbing” production activities with machines running at ‘optimal output’ and control the run of the product through the factory in a safe, secure and efficient way for timely delivery to customers.
- Implement, maintain and report (dashboard) a process of short interval measures (SIM’s) to ensure that all levels of management are timeously informed of issues and the appropriate corrective actions are taken quickly enough, encourage (through formal programs) a culture and environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that the production schedule of the factory is properly organized to balance production runs with customer and delivery routing requirements, is timeously communicated to all managers and properly executed and measured for OTIF-Q.
- Building and maintaining systems (people, procedures, and computer) to ensure standards (ISO and BRC), Quality and internal controls are appropriate.
- Managing the costs of the facility within budget but more importantly within planned production levels, raw material usage, budgets, etc.
- Team and people management to lead and develop a large team
Business Unit Responsibilities:
- Understand and execute works plan as supplied by planning
- Analyse actual performance against set objectives and strategies at agreed time periods and implement corrective action where necessary
- Ensure the completion and loading of all DPR(Daily Production Reports) on Interdy
- Implement and monitor of Visual Display Boards
- Set and agree targets, manage and continuously improve overtime
- Set and agree targets, manage and continuously improve downtime
- Set and agree targets, manage and continuously improve Scrap
- Set and agree targets on OTIF(On Time and In Full)
- Set and agree targets for improvements on WOC (Works order Closures)
- Report on all production targets on a weekly basis
- Implement, monitor and maintain staff KPI’s
- Implement, monitor and maintain external sales staff call plans, call cycles and reporting
- Constant WIP(Work in Progress) and WIP stock analysis and management to ensure correct stock levels
- Conduct regular production meetings
- Provide leadership, motivation and support to factory staff at all times and ensure that a positive climate is maintained.
- Liaise daily with internal admin, planning, dispatch and sales staff to ensure smooth operational activities.
- Orientating and training factory staff on the products and equipment.
- Ensure the redundant or exceptional stock items are recycled out of the system
- Maintaining a high overall level of customer satisfaction.
- Visiting customers from time to time as per a structured call cycle