A company passionate about the democratization of data and the broader participation of businesses in the use and sharing of data. Driving growth in business through data shouldn’t be the privilege of the exclusive few who often abuse this power. This company believes that the liberation of data – connecting data producers to data users directly – will create tremendous value for business and consumers alike. Data privacy is central to creating a sustainable future for the data economy.
Looking for a director of engineering to lead the engineering department and help build great products. You’ll also manage the infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively. To be successful in this role, this candidate should be confident managing teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. Be comfortable in presenting to customers and supporting pre-sales initiatives. This candidate is expected to be in charge of the integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution. This candidate will need to have extensive experience as a software developer and a deep understanding of software engineering design and test principles. Additional experience designing platforms for data analytics, data modelling and machine learning.
- Lead front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Design and implement analytical processes and visualisations
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with data security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment