Chiltern Farms, a dynamic and innovative agribusiness in the Vyeboom area of the Western Cape, seeks a suitably qualified information officer. Responsibiities will include:
- Aligning the IT strategy to achieve organisational goals and strategies.
- Project planning and implementation including budgets and capital expenditures.
- Management of IT resources: useful-life and replacement strategies, sourcing of equipment and software products to meet and expand on organisational needs.
- Risk management.
- Integrating software resources across departments to generate and maintain an ERP.
- Creating and maintaining a back-up/fall-back system when major interruptions to main systems are experienced to limit down-time and business interruption.
- Preventing cross departmental data duplication and standardizing methodologies.
- Specific to an agri-business, investigating and researching new technologies that are not just IT related, but also information gathering related, to promote a better, more accurate and timely resource for strategic and general decision making.