Key Performance Areas: (Essential Duties & Responsibilities)
To perform this job successfully, the appointed individual must be able to perform each essential duty / key performance area satisfactorily. This list of key performance areas is not exhaustive and may be changed/supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time:
• Overall responsibility to ensure administrative tasks related to financial aspects of the Aftermarket department’s business operations are completed correctly and timeously:
o Work In Progress: monitor and manage the team efforts and process of closing jobs to ensure WIP is at all times within acceptable parameters/limits; checking with controllers why jobs older than set parameters/time frames are still open; assist with resolving issues relating to closing such jobs; reviewing, implementing and continuously developing processes related to WIP to ensure it is managed within acceptable parameters; ensures accuracy of data captured - analyse and correct accuracy of data captured on WIPs & WIP invoicing
o Debtors: overall contact person for debtor’s department – receive, distribute to foremen/product support engineer(s) and follow up on debtors’ queries/requests for assistance, prepare and submit feedback either verbally or written to debtor’s department and Aftermarket Managers.
o Creditors: overall responsibility to assist Aftermarket Managers to ensure Aftermarket department creditors are managed in line with company policy and requirements: check the reconciliations for outstanding invoices – follow up on those and ensure the outstanding invoices are received, processed and prepared for payment; clear the purchase awaiting invoices report.
o Labour Recovery: monitor labour sales per technician, ensure that labour recovery data is captured and inputted daily by the controllers to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
o Analyse and identify loss-making Aftermarket contracts; escalate these for the attention of the Aftermarket manager to analyse and identify machines working overtime without the hours being invoiced; escalate these for the attention of the Aftermarket managers
o Analysing and correcting accuracy of data captured on WIPs & WIP invoicing o Ensure the warranty claims process is done accurately and submitted timeously, ensure recovery of warranty claims are tracked and managed – drive the product support engineers regarding this matter
• Responsible to assist Aftermarket Managers, Product Support Engineers / Foremen and
Controllers to ensure the quality of service regarding fleet Aftermarket (ensure optimum response time and professional service at all times, evaluation of controllers and other administrative staff development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge/skills are addressed, provide on the job training and development of controllers and other administrative staff, etc.)
• Overall responsibility to ensure all administrative functions are in place and being followed/implemented effectively and in line with company and system requirements; overall responsibility to ensure administrative tasks performed by self and admin team are completed accurately and timeously
• Overall responsibility to accurately and timeously prepare and distribute scheduled (monthly, weekly and daily) and ad-hoc reports as might be requested by department managers and / or head office, e.g.: preparation of weekly department KPA report, service schedule reports, marketing campaign reports, preparation of data for reports to be submitted to Japan, etc.
• Responsible to create/write ad-hoc reports as and when required – responsible to liaise with the IT department for assistance.
• Coordinate product field campaigns as and when required – prepare data on machines to touch, arrange and distribute data to Product Support Engineers for action, collate feedback and submit a report to Aftermarket Managers / Head Office.
• Accurately and timeously prepare and submit FMA commissions, incentive calculations for Product Support Engineers and Controllers, capturing of overtime and standby allowances and other related documentation for signature and approval by Aftermarket Managers
• Advising the CSI department on a monthly basis of customer contact schedule for CSI follow-up
• Facilitating customer complaints and queries; foster and maintain a dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; ensure timeous feedback/communication to customers
• Ensure that Aftermarket department admin personnel functions as an efficient resource for the company by continuously evaluating and monitoring quality and accuracy of work, implementing and driving Investors in People in line with company strategic objectives, ensure effective interdepartmental and internal communication
• Assist Aftermarket department personnel with leave queries
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills Education / Training and Experience Requirement(s):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education/training and experience required for this position:
• Grade 12 / Matric plus related tertiary qualification, or proven and relevant experience and success in a similar position in the material handling or related industry; minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
• Experience as a team leader/supervisor
• Understanding and working knowledge of Kerridge system; ability to write reports; skill and ability
to identify and correct errors on WIPs
• Dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; a strong focus on internal and external customer service
• Strong analytical ability; ability and suitable experience in compiling reports utilising and analysing various data sources and to present it in a user-friendly format
• Strong financial/numerical ability
• Advanced / Expert Computer literacy in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including very strong verbal and grammatically correct written English communication skills
• Must be proactive; ability to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks timeously; ability to see a project through from start to finish
• Strong administrative ability; very organized and structured approach to completion of tasks; highly developed prioritising and multi-tasking skills; a systematic and structured approach to problem-solving and decision-making; strong sense of urgency; must be able to function effectively under pressure; ability to use initiative and assume responsibility
• Impeccable, friendly and professional telephone manner and in general when dealing with customers both internally and externally
• Ability to function effectively in a group and add value to the team/environment
• Ability to contribute to a positive team environment, to foster willingness among followers, to remove job-related obstacles hindering growth and achievement, to build common ownership of commitment to group goals, shared vision and problem-solving.
• Ability to coach team members to achieve stated objectives; ability to grasp and interpret goals and vision and to communicate it / implement strategies effectively with evident improvement
• Ability to interact with senior management; excellent communication skills with people at all levels in an organization
• Must have an excellent work ethic – honest, reliable, hardworking, dedicated, takes pride in work carried out
• Must be computer literate and have advanced / expert skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Must be of sober habits, have high energy levels and general good health
• Ability to adapt to and accept change, new ideas, new challenges
Required Certificates, Licences, Registrations:
• Grade 12 / Matric plus related tertiary qualification or proven and relevant experience
• Code 8 driver's licence
The current number of employees reporting directly to this position:
• None direct – overseeing admin function of 27 controllers and 13 product support reps & Foremen
EE Applicants only!
Please email CV + certified drivers licence + certified ID + certified qualifications and latest Payslip to email@example.com
Please include your minimum Salary expectation & Maximum Salary expectations on the email