Our client is looking for an Engineering Manager in Process Automation Solutions
1. Purpose of the Job
Leads and manages the Engineering and Production teams within an EPC, outsourcing and technical consultancy environment from cradle to grave. Researches, analyses/evaluates and finds solutions for multiple clients’ scope requirements in consultation with the team/s for existing or new electrical, and control and instrumentation applications. Performs design management according to the design process which includes but not limited to design reviews, design approvals with compliance to industry specifications, codes of practice and client requirements, as well as authorizing the designs. Works closely with the bids team providing technical support during tender preparations. Takes ownership of the reliability of the end product. Manages the project scope synonymous with design, development, testing, installation, commissioning and maintenance aspects. Creates alliances with internal and external stakeholders, and the client to build long lasting relationships.
2. Key Responsibilities
• Develop and implement project engineering strategies from planning to execution of projects
• Establish governance requirements for relevant project engineering functions.
• Lead delivery of constructible design baseline, design, maintenance baseline, operating and technical specifications.
• Manage key performance indicators and report on all design management attributes impacting projects performance.
• Perform general functional management (financial, performance, resource, relationship).
• Establish/Performs design management and engineering change management on new and existing projects.
• Excellent communication and client/stakeholder relationship management.
• Management of Safety, Health and Environmental practices for functional needs and provides safety assurance on project engineering matters.
• Engineer, specify and design electrical, instrumentation and industrial automation equipment and systems for assigned projects.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered, gives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and receives supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
• Manages the Engineering and Production technical teams to ensure designs mature and materializes to fruition.
• Assigns and leverages tasks amongst the team.
• Manage the technical deliverables in accordance with contract scope requirements and the client’s expectations.
• Co-ordinate all technical matters between the key project stakeholders – the client, design team, consultants and sub-contractors.
• Review and monitor the engineering teams and contractor design processes, procedures and quality management plans thus ensuring distribution of all design information and documentation to all relevant parties on time.
• Manage the review of key technical deliverables for completion in relation to the quality of design
• Implementation and coordination of design changes including Quality Assurance in accordance with the design consultants’ contracted scope of services.
• Review and recommend the requirements for tenders and support the internal bid process and coordinate these with the design team, the client and the contractor.
• Performs design reviews against the internal review process.
• Employs complex decision making strategies to gain technical resolution.
• Accountable for the design, development and modification of PLC programs, SCADA and HMI applications.
• Ensures configuration of various protection relays, AC & DC drives according to the application
• Maintains the relevant ISO procedures and policies for the relevant department.
• Flexible and adaptable to changes in business/quality processes.
3. Educational Qualification:
• Matric Certificate
• B.Sc: Electrical Engineering or B.Tech. Electrical Engineering (advancing in control systems)
• A post-graduate management qualification will be an advantage
• Professional registration with an accredited body – ECSA (Preferred)
• Pr. Eng /Pr. Tech Eng. (Advantageous)
4. Required Product Knowledge
• Certified Schneider SI, Certified Wonderware SI
5. Knowledge and Experience:
• 5-7 years of extensive experience in design management, plant technical integration management and engineering management
• Technical and technology leadership experience
• Project management knowledge
• More than 5 years of managerial experience
6. Skills and Competencies:
• Behavioural: Have the drive to grow; be able to handle the pressures of a high demand construction environment; an inherent sense of urgency
• Focus on timeous delivery
• Ethics and integrity
• Safety consciousness
• Leadership skills both personal and team
• Strong communication skills
• Entrepreneurial mind-set
• ability to build effective relationships and deliver on expectations
• Coaching and mentoring skills
• Extensive coordination and integration of Engineering work.
• Supplier market knowledge.
• Engineering change management principles.
• Engineering theory and application knowledge.
• Relevant processes, procedures, policies, guidelines, legislation, and codes and standards
• Technical systems knowledge:
• Electrical and Control and Instrumentation design, systems, tools, application, implementation and commissioning.
• Computer-Aided Design systems and tools.
• Develop and interpret electrical engineering drawings and schematics, and piping and instrumentation drawings (P&ID’s).
• SCADA design, configuration and implementation (extensive)
• Telemetry systems (intermediate)
• Extensive knowledge of industrial networking designs
• Intermediate IT networks and systems
• Advanced computer literacy
• Electrical systems functional design analyses
• Extensive experience in plant design integration, project management and strategic business acumen
• Interpret and understand specifications and contract
• Engineering design skills
• Technical problem-solving skills
• Analytical skills
• Cost analysis/economic evaluation skills
• Life cycle planning skills
• Presentation skills
• Technical report writing
7. Personal Attributes/Qualities:
• Written Communication - The ability to express ideas clearly in memoranda, reports, letters or other documents with appropriate organization and structure, correct grammar and language and terminology that is adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Verbal Communication - The ability to express ideas effectively in individual or group situations (including non-verbal communication), adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Interpersonal Sensitivity - The ability to demonstrate an awareness of how others feel and its empathetic towards the needs and feelings of others.
• Teamwork - A genuine intention to work cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Planning, Organizing & Controlling - The ability to establish courses of action for self and/or others to ensure the efficient completion and control of work.
• Task Structuring - Plans, priorities and structures own work, seeks closure, achieves own objectives and manage own time.
• Judgment - The ability to evaluate information, carefully consider a wide range of possibilities and display logical reasoning.
• Adaptability - The ability to maintain effectiveness when changes in the work environment take place.
• Motivation - Must show enthusiasm and commitment in order to continually contribute towards maintaining standards of excellence.
• Stress Tolerance - Must be able to cope with sensitive interpersonal situations and to handle difficult individuals, groups and situations.
Client pays well
Please email CV + certified drivers licence + certified ID + certified qualifications and latest Payslip to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your minimum Salary expectation & Maximum Salary expectations on the email