Employer: Farm Manager SA
Mumbwa Area – Zambia: An internationally recognized Agricultural company seeks the services of a horticulturist for a short term contract – this vacancy potentially could suit a horticulturist consultant. The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsib...
Mumbwa Area – Zambia: An internationally recognized Agricultural company seeks the services of a horticulturist for a short term contract – this vacancy potentially could suit a horticulturist consultant.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible for – including but not limited to:
- Developing tailor-made, competitive crop protection solutions in Horticultural crops within Africa that meet customer and market requirements.
- Maintaining proximity to the local markets to anticipate customer needs and crop protection trends.
- Defining and implementing development strategies in Horticulture to ensure an optimised time-to-market process in close collaboration with EMEA and cluster functions of Field Solutions, Regulatory Science, Market Development and Marketing.
- Developing and elaborating appropriate trial protocols to meet Agronomic Solutions requirements as well as to fit the crop strategy within the actual portfolio.
- Contributing to development projects within the African region as a member of the respective committees and task forces.
- Ensuring prioritisation of residue sample analysis with relevant analytical laboratories in close collaboration with other Agronomic Solution Managers and Regulatory.
- Proposing and building trial programs for proof-of-concept ideas as potential pre-projects and ensuring a sufficient input of project ideas, local customer needs as well as market and agronomic conditions from the African markets into the regional Field Solution organisation.
- Consolidating product sample demand for local trials and managing sample ordering and processes as to ensure timeous delivery of samples to Agronomic Operations and external CROs.
- Managing trials contributing to an excellent technical knowledge of new products and the availability of a robust technical core data package that can help Market Development for further commercial positioning according to the strategy.
- Summarising, analysing and presenting all results generated (including those obtained during Agronomic Development) on Horticultural crops in an acceptable format for the data base as well as registration purposes.
- Preparing the Biological Assessment Dossiers and similar documentation as well as supporting documents with additional claims of the authorities during the evaluation processes.
- Cooperating and networking with external trial Co-operators / official institutes and key technical opinion leaders
- horticultural management : 5 to 6 years
Apply before Monday, March 23, 2020 - 32 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
- Tertiary qualification or related in Agriculture or Horticulture or Biological Sciences with previous experience having worked within the fields of Plant Pathology or Weed Management or Applied Entomology or related is essential.
- Previous experience in the development of crop protection products within the Horticultural industry is essential.
- Must have excellent knowledge of horticulture crops as well as previous experience having analysed trial data from field trials and field-testing as well as having developed methodologies within horticultural crops.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and good project management skills.
- Must be a good team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- The successful candidate must have good networking and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar with common IT applications, such as Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Must be a flexible and reliable person who takes clear ownership for tasks.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this vacancy or upload to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=XXX-XXXX