· The Costing Manager is responsible for managing the Costing function in order to ensure accurate costing of inventory, the preparation of useful and accurate reporting to the business as well as compliance to statutory requirements and accounting principles. The incumbent will analyse and report cost variances and highlight opportunities for cost reduction to management.
· Further responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee and take ownership of the costing function, including the management off all processes, procedures and systems related to the costing process.
- Prioritize and direct the work of the team, review and approve journals; field associate questions and provide general managerial support and guidance.
- Serve as the point person for Costing and ensure company policies are maintained and upheld.
- Support the business process by providing accurate and relevant reporting and information.
- Continuous benchmarking of costing principles and practices with the group subsidiaries in order to identify opportunities to support group strategy.
- Make recommendations to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness of systems.
- Provide daily and monthly management reports to assist decision making and highlight trends.
- Update and maintain documentation for the Costing process, as well as make recommendations for improvements.
- Oversee the costing accounting function and ensure compliance to IAS; delivering accurate month end information within the prescribed deadlines.
- Work with internal departments to ensure accurate recording of operational expenses.
- Manage and mitigate risks in the costing function; whilst supporting the business strategy.
- Handling of and providing guidance with cost queries.
- Other various projects as assigned.