Key Account Manager
An exciting opportunity exists at a well-known manufacturing company that supplies FMCG products to the South African and International markets. If you are passionate about Key account management, read further.
• German language would be an added advantage
• Marketing / Sales Degree
• 3-4 years Sales & Marketing experience
• Current or previous experience in the Retail / FMCG industry with the knowledge and experience to successfully expand the business internationally
• New business / brand development experience and proven track record
• Experience with selling and expanding products in the international market
• Able to travel (international trade shows, meetings with distributors, clients 2- 3 times per annum)
• Existing network, contacts of importers and distributors globally in the food and beverage industry beneficial • Experience in selling and expanding products in the international market
• Establish long term relationships with international customers for Bulk orders
• Identify new markets & make contact with potential new International clients
• Gain all necessary knowledge about the target market and the products our company offers. This includes background information e.g. on the industry, certifications, quality attributes, etc.
• Pricing and sending out quotations
• Independently handling sales preparation and administration. This includes product adjustments and support with new product developments, ensuring that the offered products are in stock or can be manufactured in time, that the labelling and import/export requirements for the specific customer/market are being met, the customer receives all necessary marketing information, and that the customer settles his invoice according to the set payment terms.
• Invoicing & following up on payments
• Sales planning, forecasting and administration (incl. capturing orders)
• Provide customers & clients with information where required
• Manage customer relationship around pricing disputes and technical standards
• Make sure production knows what to do. Provide full customer product specification.
• Analyze, interpret and report information to management
• Gather and process data
• Ensure alignment of production and market demands
• Participate in trade shows and handle the application for and organization of these shows. This includes applying for funding e.g. from the Dti.
• Any adhoc duties as and when required
Salary: Please indicate what salary bracket you are seeking when applying for this position.
NB: If you have not been contacted with regards to your application for this position within 48 working hours, your application has been unsuccessful