My client based in the Northern Suburbs, focusing in the Academic industry is seeking to employ an eCPD Manager to join their team. In this position you will be responsible for client services, eLearning course content development and CPD partnerships in South Africa and the rest of Africa. Experience in the Medical industry will be an added advantage. The following will be required:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or a Healthcare field.
· A minimum of three years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.
· Specialized training in managing human resources, preferred.
· Specialized training in Instructional Design or Media production for eLearning, preferred.
· Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the specific department (i.e. Sales, eLearning Courseware creation, Instructional Design, Video Production and Editing, HPCSA CPD requirements etc.).
· Better than average written and spoken communication skills. (English – excellent read, write, speak and Afrikaans – good read, write, speak)
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
· Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
· General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
· Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
Perform Human Resources Management
· Plan staffing levels.
· Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
· Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
· Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
· Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
· Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
· Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
· Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
· Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
· Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
· Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
· Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM (Instant Messaging), and regular interpersonal communication.
Perform Department Management
· Manage the overall sales, operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department.
· Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfil the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
· Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental sales, productivity and quality goals.
· Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
· Work with Marketing staff to promote and advertise the eCPD product.
· Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
· Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
· Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
· Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
· Communicate regularly with other managers, the operations director and other designated contacts within the organization.
eCPD eLearning Course Development
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
• Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
• Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
• Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
• Analyse and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc).
• Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course.
• Maintain project documentation and course folders.
Salary: Please indicate what salary bracket you are seeking when applying for this position.
NB: If you have not been contacted with regards to your application for this position within 48 working hours, your application has been unsuccessful