A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse (ICU Qualified) for Multi ICU at, reporting to the Unit Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximize a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
• Conduct basic ICU duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
• Ensuring objective communication between all departments, patients, members of the public and the multi-disciplinary team.
• Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Hospital Standards.
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislatives, policies and procedures of the Hospital.
• Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
Providing quality patient care by:
• Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation.
• Ensuring daily care rounds and investigation of complaints are conducted.
• Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization.
Assist doctors to perform daily cases and/or procedures.
• Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
• Critical Care qualification is essential
• Current registration with the relevant professional or regulatory body.
• Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
• Must be able to work under pressure in an ever changing private healthcare environment.
• Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
• Engaging diversity
• Verbal & written communication and presentation
• Good interpersonal skills
• Drive & energy
• Excellence orientation
• Ethical behaviour
• Leading by example
• Building relationships
• Customer responsiveness
• Organisational awareness