Assistant Store Manager (2IC)
Technical Outputs (What)
Assists with Store Management Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for the management of the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Together with the Store Manager, provides weekly staff training on product, customer service, multiple sales, merchandising, store discipline, policies and security
- Conducts morning sales meetings to discuss sales performance with all staff
- Attends management training sessions
- Conducts daily and weekly sales reviews with the Store Manager and discusses methods of extending the store
- Sets individual daily, weekly and monthly targets for staff and reviews these regularly
- Completes cash-ups and banking accurately and in good time
- Fully understands all criteria in the Operations Manual and manages the store according to the Operations Manual Procedures
Ensures that the store provides great customer service
- Maintains good customer service skills throughout the store and provides training to store staff to further enhance their customer service skills
- Maintains high levels of product knowledge and knowledge about the designers stocked in the store
- Promotes sales and assists the store in achieving sales targets
- Helps customers to select items which may suit their requirements
Maintains excellent merchandising standards
- Ensures that the store is merchandised as per store manager’s instructions and head office directives at all times
- Conducts general store housekeeping to ensure that all areas are kept neat and tidy and that all fixtures are in good working order
- Advises the Store Manager of all stock level concerns as soon as these are noted
Manages stock control and store security
- Remains alert at all times to ensure the security of the store, staff and merchandise
- Maintains pilferage control levels of less than 0.5% of turnover
- Signs off all risk transactions
Adheres to company expectations
- Ensures that company policies and rules are followed at all times
- Ensures that all memo's and instructions received from time to time are actioned promptly.
- Completes Daily, Weekly & Monthly Tasks accurately and in good time.
- Maintains good lines of communication with all staff and the store manager and asks questions to clarify understanding when necessary
Behavioral Outputs (How)
Creates effective teams
- Makes suggestions to help the team achieve its goals or performing its functions; helps to remove obstacles to help the team accomplish its goals.
- Listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual differences and talents.
- Shares important or relevant information with the team.
- Fulfills team responsibilities and demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
Maintains customer focus
- Coaches new members of the team on how they can improve their customer service abilities
- Interacts with customers in order to understand their needs and expectations
- Shares information with customers to educate them about the products on offer
- Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems within the boundaries of store procedures
Manages own activities and those of others
- Prioritizes own duties and tasks as well as those of other people and assists in the adjustment of priorities when appropriate to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Follows-up on the work assigned to other people to ensure that it is done accurately and in good time
- Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Dedicates the required time and energy to duties or tasks to ensure that high standards are maintained and works to overcome obstacles to completing work.
- Accepts responsibility for outcomes (positive or negative) of one’s actions and admits mistakes and refocuses efforts when necessary.