A medium-sized high pressurised Brokerage is looking to employee a dynamic and professional Underwriter in their Life Assurance division with a friendly, professional and warm character.
Main job tasks and responsibilities:
- Obtaining latest values from companies and knowing the different products.
- Completion of New Business applications and processing thereof
- Drafting and emailing New Business letters to clients
- Following up on Underwriting requirements re: Risk new Business applications
- Processing Conversions
- Handling New Business Transfers
- Investment Ad hoc applications and switches/rebalances
- Obtaining Outstanding FICA and savings Compliance
- Updating of portfolios once the new business/alterations issues – accuracy in data/value capturing. Attention to detail is very important as company will be held liable if incorrect amounts are quoted.
- Updating registers (New business, transfer and investment registers, compliance registers, etc.)
- Drafting and sending out of Final letters to client i.t.o. new business issued or finalized instructions
- Communication with clients (written and verbal)