Great opportunity to join one of the leading small group tourist transport services in South Africa as an Accountant at their offices in Airport Industria, Cape Town.
They are looking for an experienced and competent accountant, willing to not only look after the accounting function but also get stuck into the operations and administrative tasks. There will be operational and management growth prospects for the right candidate.
The candidate should preferably be an AGA(SA), PA(SA) or similar, however candidates qualified by experience in a similar role will also be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full bookkeeping and accounting function up to trial balance, including debtors, creditors, bank, petty cash, journals, etc.
- Compilation of management accounts
- Invoicing and debtors’ collection
- Statutory compliance – VAT/PAYE/UIF/SDL/WCA calculations, submissions and payments
- Budgeting and cash flow projections
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Administrative duties and operational duties additional to accounting function
- IRP5 calculations, reconciliations and submissions
- Liaison with accountants and auditors
- Liaison with clients
- Adhoc duties as required
- BCom (Financial Accounting) or similar qualification
- AGA(SA), PA(SA) or similar professional qualification will be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent communication skills in English and Afrikaans
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge
- Working knowledge and experience with Xero and SimplePay, also advantageous Pastel Evolution, Quickbooks
- Accurate, hardworking, motivated and strong minded
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Own transport
- R15k to R30k pm ctc salary