An established logistics company in Pretoria East will employ a Junior Warehouse Controller who is willing to work 4-day shifts on rotation (night-shift included). The successful candidate should ideally be based in Pretoria East, or willing to relocate. A Code 10/14 driver’s license ideal. HUGE possibiltiy for long-term growth in the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
Inspect all trucks/ vehicles and trailers that enter the premises:
– Complete the “Vehicle Checklist”
– Review stock deliveries.
– Examine all equipment.
– Fuel the trucks/ vehicles.
– Check/ inspect trucks/ vehicles tyre pressure.
– Check/ review inventory list for storage items.
– Oversee off-loading of storage items.
– Engage in quality-control of items packed in storage facilities.
Prepare all pre-booked trucks/ vehicles for the following day:
– Complete the “Vehicle Checklist”.
– Ensure all required equipment are loaded.
– Ensure all required outgoing stock are neatly packed.
– Check/ review inventory list for storage items to be dispatched.
– Oversee loading of storage items onto the trucks and trailers.
– Ensure all truck blankets are clean and folded.
– Maintain overall truck and vehicle cleanliness.
– Park vehicles, trucks and trailers safely once inspected and fuelled.
– Add major truck/ vehicle/ trailer issues to the daily report.
– Ensure timely reporting of any and all problems detected.
– Manage the gate-access for vehicles/ pedestrians entering/ leaving the premises.
– Do periodic safety walks, tapping security beacons.
– Continually monitor the CCTV camera.
– Maintain general cleanliness of the yard and storage facilities.
– Ensure the necessary removal of rubbish on the yard.
– Manage and supervise the truck washers.
– Engage in any ad-hoc yard-master duties, as and when required.