Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Planning & Analysis Executive is responsible for all aspects of management and financial reporting for Tongaat Hulett
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Management reporting activities will include at least the following:
- Responsible for the Company’s budgeting and forecasting process and requirements.
- Responsible for the Company’s monthly reporting process and requirements.
- Responsible for the financial component of the Company’s strategy process and requirements.
- Track delivery of the year-end operating profit numbers agreed with EXCO.
- Control of capital expenditure relative to approved budget.
- Review of working capital performance against budget and forecasts.
- Facilitate the implementation of value-added initiatives and analysis to enhance business performance (e.g. cost reduction initiatives, cost per ton benchmarking, factory profitability).
- Coordination, attendance and contribution to business performance reviews via the Operations Committee (EXCO) for each of the Company’s operations.
- Review of business processes and the corporate calendar to ensure efficient financial processes and the availability of timely information on business performance.
Financial reporting such as:
- Ensure all business entities have implemented effective internal controls and ensure that all audit findings have been appropriately addressed.
- Perform the annual impairment review of the goodwill attributed to the Company.
Systems & Projects include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the standard chart of accounts.
- Implement tools to support the generation of business insights by finance.
- Focus on automation of manual processes and streamlining of reporting deliverables and requirements.
CUSTOMER AND STAKEHOLDER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Cross-functional and cross-business collaboration on company initiatives and projects.
- Engage with Company Executive and Operational management on business performance.
- Work with external consultants and third party suppliers to deliver on projects.
- Attend to all queries from Company Executive and management in a timely and efficient manner.