KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Schedule activities and the team to ensure that the Depot provides a support service to facilitate sales demand.
- Keep stocks of goods in line with agreed parameters and balancing efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Calculate and compile monthly benchmarking figures to achieve objectives.
- Manage the quality levels in line with Company Quality principles to satisfy both company and customer expectations.
Depot management and support services:
- Assume responsibility for the management of the Designated Depot.
- Provide technical direction on both an operational and team level.
- Monitor the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Forecast stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation using IT systems.
- Coordinate and control the order cycle and associated information systems.
- Establish efficient security, stock control and optimum storage conditions for all the company’s product lines.
- Oversee the receipt, co-ordination and safety of goods coming through the depot.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Develop, lead and maintain a motivated and high-performance team.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and set environmental, health, safety and quality standards