KGA LIFE LIMITED
KGA Life is one of South Africa's leading funeral insurance companies and has offices in the Western Cape, Gauteng, Eastern Cape, Free State and KwaZulu Natal.
We are seeking an analytical, innovative Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist for a 12-month contract position. The position will be based at our company’s head offices located in Stellenbosch.
As a Continuous Improvement Specialist, you will help drive operational excellence capability for the various business units and partner with business leads to define and execute “needle-moving” improvement initiatives. This will entail delivering significant improvement in process productivity, cost-to-serve, control/risk and ensure initiatives deliver intended results with respect to customer experience.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist identifies key opportunities and gaps in the core business processes; ensures application of the appropriate quality improvement methodologies, tools and techniques to drive improvements; and continues to be an advocate for future operational improvements by partnering with and challenging the business and leadership in system thinking and new ideas.
- Initiate and lead the deployment of various lean and continuous improvement tools and initiatives to ensure that improvement actions are directly linked to the strategic and tactical objectives, emphasising efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, and enabling breakthrough process changes and improvements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, measuring and analysing current business processes, and redesigning processes to meet the needs of a growing business.
- Be a catalyst for change and lead projects that create tangible business results.
- Partner with management to identify, prioritise, and plan process improvement initiatives consistent with customer and business needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams through end-to-end process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate working sessions (Kaizen events) that make the current state visible, identify opportunities to eliminate waste, streamline workflows, and reorganise the work more effectively. Lead teams through design and implementation of the desired future/target states.
- Understand, analyse, and document cross-functional business processes.
- Coach, mentor, and train teams in the application of process improvement principles, methodologies, and tools (such as Lean and Six Sigma).
- Solicit voice of the customer feedback and benchmark external best practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Implement continuous improvement programs to align the business on critical performance indicators while simultaneously driving breakthrough objectives.
- Design and implement key performance indicators to monitor the performance of improved processes and measure results.
- Conduct automation opportunity identification and prioritisation and develop recommendations.
- Monitor and analyse metrics to identify trends or opportunities where cost savings/cost avoidance or quality improvements can be realised.
- Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with other business activities, improvement projects and business strategy and coordinated with the appropriate process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Ensure two-way open communication throughout the business. This includes keeping the stakeholders informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities.
Qualification and experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or Business Administration.
- 5 years of experience in the finance industry; insurance experience is preferred.
- Can articulate experience participating in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Green Belt Certification, in training or equivalent project experience is advantageous.
- Experience applying process improvement tools and methodologies to drive business results (strong preference for Lean and Six Sigma experience).
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to establish a vision for change and develop buy-in.
- Demonstrated experience in business analytics.
Essential behavioural and critical competencies
- Outstanding analytical abilities to drive fact-based decision making.
- A strong sense of urgency.
- A global mindset, with a strong ability to think holistically.
- Able to influence change without direct authority.
- Ability to simply and clearly convey and communicate complex concepts.
- Competent at Excel, PowerPoint, Visio (or other similar software).
- Strong ability to map processes for as is and to be.
- Apply analytical/quantitative approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to lead focus groups and workshops.
Applications and enquiries
Should you meet all of the above-mentioned requirements please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
Closing date: 30 November 2019
Only candidates with the required qualifications and experience will be contacted.
If you do not receive a reply within 4 weeks of your application, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.