New position available for busy dynamic practice only for Qualified Oral Hygienist with a Degree in Oral Hygiene.
Requirements include and not limited to: Follow absolute orders of management staff
Dental Hygienist Job Duties:
• Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
• Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
• Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
• Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
• Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
• Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Experience in orthodontics and drawing Cephalometric scans for measurements
• Ensure office is opened and closed daily, as per established schedules
• great with children
• Design and implement workplace procedures
• Oversee daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, billing procedures, debt collections, cleaning, security, and occupational health and safety
• Interacts with patients and gains customer feedback about the practice
• Addresses patient complaints in a compassionate and timely fashion
• Manages the production of patient brochures, newsletters, and other correspondence
-Help with reception where needed
-Help with ordering and maintaining of stock
-Visit schools for oral health programs
People Person, Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Organizational Skills, Management Skills and Experience, Leadership Skills, Computer Literacy and Knowledge of Relevant Software, Budgeting Skills, Accounting Skills, Ability to Work as Part of a Team, Analytical Skills, Health and Safety Knowledge