An established logistics company in Pretoria East will employ a Yard Master who is willing to work weekly shifts on rotation. The successful candidate should ideally be based in Pretoria East, or willing to relocate. HUGE possibility for long-term growth in the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ocassionaly assist with the operational company phone and act as liaison between the drivers and the clients with regards to any problems or important communication that needs to be transferred to either party whilst our relocation services are in process.
- Ocassionaly assist with local office driver and site visit responsibilities as & when required.
Inspect all trucks/ vehicles and trailers that enter the premises:
- Complete the "Vehicle Checklist"
- Review stock deliveries.
- Examine all equipment.
- Fuel the trucks/ vehicles.
- Check/ inspect trucks/ vehicles tyre pressure.
- Check/ review inventory list for storage items.
- Oversee off-loading of storage items.
- Engage in quality-control of items packed into storage facilities.
Prepare all pre-booked trucks/ vehicles for the following day:
- Complete the "Vehicle Checklist".
- Ensure all required equipment are loaded.
- Ensure all required outgoing stock are neatly packed.
- Check/ review inventory list for storage items to be dispatched.
- Oversee loading of storage items onto the trucks and trailers.
- Ensure all truck blankets are clean and folded.
- Maintain/ delegate overall truck and vehicle cleanliness.
- Park vehicles, trucks and trailers safely once inspected and fuelled.
- Add major truck/ vehicle/ trailer issues to the daily report.
- Ensure timely reporting of any and all problems detected.
- Manage the gate-access for vehicles/ pedestrians entering/ leaving the premises.
- Continually monitor the CCTV camera.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the yard and storage facilities (e.g. rubbish removal)
- Supervision & quality control of employees in the yard (e.g packers, truck washers etc.).
- Engage in any ad-hoc yard-master duties, as and when required.