Effective operational management of clinical outcomes
· Ensure optimal functioning of nursing operations by establishing clinical care risks with Unit Managers, developing and implementing nursing care strategy and regular progress reviews with multi-disciplinary team including driving compliance to clinical standards
· Drive compliance and improvement of & nursing quality metrics and quality accreditation systems to ensure reduction of risks and as safe patient environment
· Lead, drive and participate in various & Nursing quality initiatives and BOP’s
Effective financial management
· Plan, prepare and monitor budget monthly, manage, together with relevant stakeholders, labour spend in line with budget, patient requirements and actual activities, RSRT environment and ensure continued focus on internal DSO
Effective people management
· Participate actively in Hospital management committee meetings.
· Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to people policies and practices.
Effective building of relationships with internal/external stakeholders
· Ensure productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders by participating in various forums, cross-functional activities and by identifying networking opportunities.
· Market the professional image of Nursing and the Hospital within the community, participate actively in marketing initiatives and promote nursing as a career.
· Drive formal nurse training and CPD to address critical shortage and competence.
Governance and risk management
· Ensure optimal management of departmental governance to achieve sound business ethics, risk management and control with appropriate transparencies and controls