The Ringier Core Technology Unit is a subsidiary of the Ringier AG organisation which operates many publishing and online marketplace businesses around the world.
The mandate of the core technology unit is to develop and implement best practises, infrastructure and technology stacks with the goal of unifying the technical approach of the group where possible. In the initial phase, the first focus is on emerging market businesses running Jobs, Cars, Property, Horizontal and Meta marketplaces across Africa and Asia.
- Assist in Research, P.O.C and implementation of new technologies or services to be adopted by the entire Group.
- Configuration and management of various servers/VMS/instances via Docker, Terraform and Ansible.
- “Everything” runs on docker, but we are still in the process of moving legacy over to docker.
- Write scripts and automation using Bash/Python/Groovy.
- Reviewing and approving the work of your peers as part of the software development process.
- Maintaining our Cloud Infrastructure primarily on AWS.
- Maintaining the reliability of our CI/CD.
- Build independent web-based tools and microservices to help dev workflows.
- Planning and Implementation of backup scenarios, log-rotations and overall scaling concepts for large datasets.
Functional & Team:
- Keep abreast with industry trends, new technologies and best practices in the DevOps and development space.
- Proactively improve products, systems and processes.
- Participate in the scrum process and stand-ups.
- Deliver software and projects according to agreed timelines.
- Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Seasoned communicator, proficient in technical and business/ functional aspects of the software development process.
- Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises.
- Tenacity and the ability to solve complex software bugs.