The ROAM team is made up of 30+ developers spread across more than half a dozen countries. We build and maintain the tech for Classifieds Marketplaces across the world, with a specific focus on African markets. Our platforms attract millions of views per month, and are market leaders in their respective countries.
Ringier International Tech & Data Unit sits within the ROAM offices, providing solutions for both ROAM and other international marketplace brands.With the backing of the international media powerhouse “Ringier AG”, we have access to world class development resources, shared knowledge and a wealth of international business insights. We also have the commitment of significant future growth prospects as a company and individually as developers.
Our stack is made up of a VueJS SPA using Vue Enterprise Boilerplate, driven by a Laravel API and Nova Admin framework. We host in AWS using latest platform engineering approaches and modern technologies such as Docker and Fargate.
We’re looking for a senior experienced Front End developer who can continue in the same path of success, with a deep love for VueJs, Vue Enterprise boilerplate, Tailwind CSS and modern JS approaches. Candidates who have significant experience in other modern JS frameworks can also apply, provided they have a strong desire to embed themselves in the VueJs / Vue Enterprise Boilerplate and Tailwinds CSS approaches and communities.
Full stack disciplines can also be considered if candidates have Laravel PHP Experience.
- Developing, extending and maintaining our VueJS SPA’s for Marketplaces Core, with the competency to be able to take the lead on FE dev if required.
- Architecting our FE towards a multi-tenanted, reusable approach.
- Extracting and maintaining parts of our platforms into self contained packages, both closed and open source.
- Research of latest trends, approaches and guidelines relating to FE and Web applications.
- Work closely with Dev-Ops to implement and continuously improve our CI/CD pipeline and stack
- Fix bugs assigned during the sprint planning process.
- Design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform.
- Play a key role in reviewing and approving work of your peers as part of the software development process.
- Use prescribed tools and work according to the established ROAM software development process.
Functional & Team:
- Assisting with Application architecture, with specific focus on FE responsibilities and the touch points with other roles in the team.
- Keep abreast with industry trends, new technologies and best practices in the software development space.
- Constantly innovate and raise the bar of software quality.
- Proactively improve products, systems, processes
- Participate in the scrum process and daily stand-ups.
- Deliver software according to agreed timelines
- Seasoned communicator, proficient in technical and business/ functional aspects of the software development process.
- Assist in up-skilling and knowledge sharing for the benefit of other team members.
- Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises.
- Assist Project CTO and Product Managers / Stakeholders with compilation of technical specifications.
- Tenacity and the ability to solve complex software bugs.