PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY APPLICATIONS MADE AFTER 30/8/2019 WILL ONLY BE SCREENED AFTER THE 9/9/2019.
This is a new post for an Accountant to assist the Regional Financial Controller who is responsible for three stores in the Rustenburg area, and are owned by a cohesive group of entrepreneurs that have a national footprint of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) branded stores. You should be residing in the Rustenburg area as relocations are not preferred.
This is not for an overly seasoned Accountant / Financial Manager or someone coming from accounting articles environment. It is a great opportunity for a candidate who has five years+ relevant accounting experience, whose background would be a good fit for this environment and who is now ready to take on this level of opportunity. Whilst related retail background would be a big advantage, it is not essential however, for the right fit your background should be one that would adapt well to this retail environment which is fast paced, high volume turnover, cash and stock orientated / volume transactions. Key also for this role would be your attention to detail /accuracy and that you are hands-on, highly flexible and happy to put their hand to whatever is needed.
The duties listed below are taken very much from a generic job profile so please note that Regional Financial Controller is happy to look at preferably a National Diploma in Accounting, and sound, hands-on commercial experience in accounting up to Balance Sheet level is important to her. Your experience will be initially strongly used by her in policy and procedures development which is currently a key priority. Pastel Evolution and Excel skills will be utilized. Note that Arch point of sale system is integrated with Pastel.
Duties included but not limited to the following:-
- Full admin function including processing of cash book, jnls as required.
- Assisting the regional accountant with management of administration staff (Debtors, Bookkeeper, Cash book and creditors) ensuring full compliance with adopted accounting standards
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to head office
- Staff roistering and maintenance of payroll records for submission to heads office
- Meeting all deadlines as set out by head office
- Ensure store compliance with set policy and procedures
- Review and reporting back to the executive committee on a monthly basis on store performance
- Supplier relations and direct payments in consultation with head office
- Liaise with external auditors in conjunction with group Finance GM
- Any other duties or functions as determined management
- Safe guarding of company assets specifically stock , assets and cash
- Able to assist staff manager as required
- Manage stress
- Meet deadlines
- Self-starter and able to work without supervision
- Analytical and accurate
- Will be required to attend all stock takes (3 – 4 times a year)
- 5 Day position (8.00am to 5.00pm /one hour lunch)