An enterprise retail software development specialist with a focus on customer experience. The company is ideally placed to cater for retailers who want to position themselves competitively, by adding a layer of customisation to their client’s software which caters to both common operational systems and processes as well as client-specific needs.
Overall purpose of the job
- As the Software Developer in Test, you will be responsible for implementing automation test and test frameworks in an agile team, working to improve the continuous integration pipeline and automating all parts of the software engineering process.
- You'll be involved in the creation of business requirements and acceptance criteria, inputting the test scripts and test scenarios to ensure test automation is considered and implemented in all steps of the development lifecycle.
- Your role will require thinking “outside of the box” to understand the various scenarios and configurations that software can be deployed with in real-world retail environments to ensure customer quality is maintained.
- Through doing so, you will drive regression testing and operational testing across the products. You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working as part of cross functional, passionate agile project team to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams.
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
- Researching, recommending and implementing tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation.
- Mentoring team members and developers within other teams on automation.
- Automating documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results.
- Ensuring all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality.
- Using appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Working closely with the Software Engineering team, Product Management and Technical Operations as well as business users and Senior Management, as required.
- Conduct code reviews of peers
- Take ownership of automated regression suites
- Constantly reviewing and improving the way we automate and deliver quality
- We want our people to embrace opportunities and to grow with our business. Although this is a general summary of the principle responsibilities of the role and the level of knowledge and skill typically required, you may get involved in other activities and you should therefore not consider this to be an exhaustive list.