We are looking for a passionate Business Intelligence (BI) analyst/developer to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, database development and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Previous exposure and/or a good understanding of source data analysis, data warehouse design, report building and visualization is key to fulfil an end to end role within the BI space (from technical data ingestion and orchestration to business report visualization).
· Tertiary degree, diploma or certificate in a related field (BSc Computer Science, B.IT or Informatics related degrees).
· 7 + years’ working experience as a BI Reporting Analyst, Database Developer and/or Software Consultant.
· Working Knowledge of Database design and Data analytics (specifically Power BI).
· The ideal candidate must have at least 5 + years’ experience in the following technologies, tools and disciplines:
o Tableau, Power BI or QlikView
o MS SQL
o SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
o Big data: Hive, Pig, Flume, Sqoop, Uzi and Spark (beneficial)
o Predictive Analytics: Alteryx, Python and R (beneficial)
o Database Warehousing, data consolidation and reporting (beneficial)
· Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
· Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
· Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
· Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
· Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
· Excellent communication skills: Ability to engage with high-level stakeholders, both verbal and non-verbal
· Data analysis, design and reporting
· Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends
· Develop information communication procedures
· Prepare analytical reports
· Update database structures and information
· Design and develop databases to store information for reporting
· Document operational procedures
· Document technical specifications or requirements
· Provide technical support for software/technology maintenance or use
· Data mapping and transformation
· Researching various available technologies
· Migrating existing client’s deliveries to new Business Intelligence platform
· Cultivates an ongoing partnership with power users in the business, maintaining knowledge of business operations, strategies, information requirements, and priorities
· Initiate process changes and enhancements where necessary and see to successful implementation
· Provide assistance to the Junior Consultants in their learning curve of BI