PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Portfolio Specialist builds relationships with BC’s and HOA’s by ensuring that all meetings are conducted, minuted and actioned appropriately and in accordance with relevant legislation, that monthly financial information is distributed to clients accurately and timeously, payments of building creditors are made correctly and timeously within given parameters and monthly packs are complied and distributed correctly and timeously in order of priority to clients. The Portfolio Specialist oversees the FC processes within his/ her cell, and provides information for FC processing. The Portfolio Specialist will work closely with the PSA and oversee all building maintenance matters in cooperation with the PSA.
The Portfolio Specialist reports to the General Manager Property Management Division, and is responsible for overseeing the smooth running of his/ her property portfolio within the property cell, in cooperation with Financial Controller and PS Assistant. The Portfolio Specialist will attend Trustee/ Director meetings, as well as AGM’s and SGM’s, chair and minute as appropriate, and take action resulting from these with the assistance of the cell FC and/ or PSA. The Portfolio Specialist is accountable for the budgeting and resultant financials of all buildings in his/ her portfolio, including payment of building creditors, monthly billing and financial reporting, and any queries arising. The Portfolio Specialist is accountable for all building maintenance as instructed and approved by Trustees/ Directors, and any queries arising.
Body Corporate and Homeowners Association Meetings
- Trustee/ Director meeting attendance as required by individual buildings.
- Preparing the minutes of the meetings attended in according with the legistlation.
- Updating changes to information resulting from AGM/ SGM eg levy increase, special levy
Monthly Levy Run
- Obtaining info (charges) to relevant persons for monthly levy statement run
- Oversee and Conduct the monthly statement run
- Approving snap shot and levy roll before live run
- Ensuring statement run occurred for each building in portfolio
- Obtaining info for monthly financial reports
- Oversee monthly reporting process.
- Ensuring monthly reports (levy roll) are generated for each building in portfolio
- Reports to be checked and distributed by priority list
- Communicating with owners directly and via Owners’ Letters on increases when required.