Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance editors who are experts in various academic fields. Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We're currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors in Physical Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences or Medicine
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A PhD/Master's/Bachelor's degree in one or more specialized subject areas in Physical Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences or Medicine
- Excellent English editing skills and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- You can telecommute and work from anywhere.
- You will have the flexibility to keep your own work hours as long as you meet the deadlines.
- Consistent volume of work.
- You will develop an understanding of the finer points of editing.
- You will have access to articles on the latest industry trends and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- You will gain an inside view into research carried out worldwide
Our selection process involves just one online test. If you meet the benchmark, we will contact you within one business day, and you can start on assignments within a couple of days.
Please access this link:
Do mention 'Careers24'
Detailed subject-area list
· Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Science, Energy, Indoor Air Quality, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, Geodesy and Earth Sciences.
· Medicine: Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Dentistry, ENT (Otolaryngology), Ophthalmology, Radiology, Respiratory Care, Veterinary Sciences, Diabetes and Endocrine Research, Emergency medicine, Forensic Medicine, and Allergies, Epidemiology, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, Nutrition and Dietetics, Pathology, Public health, Geriatrics, Nursing, and Occupational health, Clinical Oncology, Radiotherapy Planning, Biomedical Devices and Pediatrics, Cardiology and Vascular Medicine, Medicine, Muscle, Bone, and Physical and Sports Medicine, Organ Systems (Gastroenterology, Urology, etc.), Plastic Surgery, Reproductive Medicine and OBGYN and Surgery.
· Life Sciences: Biochemistry and Structural Biology, Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology, Genetics: Classical, Medical, and Population, Microbiology and Immunology, Molecular Biology: Embryonic, Cellular, and Evolutionary, Systems Biology and Biostatistics, Drug Discovery, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics, Toxicology, Agricultural Science, Animal Biochemistry, Animal Genetics, Botany, Ecology, Environmental Toxicology, Marine Biology, Plant Biochemistry, Plant Genetics, Taxonomy and Zoology.