We have a vacancy for a Group Facilities Manager to join our dynamic company.
Security (Head Office and all Branches)
- Ensures that facility lock-up procedures are adhered to.
- Security of facilities on a 24 hour basis.
- Maintain and enhance company security and safety routines.
Premises (Head Office and all Branches)
- Ensure that building is intact and that deviations (lights, water, plumbing, aircons etc) are reported.
- Supervise Cleaners, Drivers, Gardeners, Reception and Canteen and ensure that their duties are fulfilled.
- Landline communication management.
- Management of furniture and equipment office requirements.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of all facilities/premises in the Johannesburg region (includes all buildings, warehouses, furniture, equipment, gardens and grounds).
- Responsible for renovations to interior/exterior surfaces, fixtures and fittings
- Control and maintenance of facilities (including property maintenance, i.e. buildings, office furniture and equipment, grounds, 24 hour security considerations, safety and security checks and procedures, signage, safety equipment, lighting, plants, cleaning services, etc.).
- Procurement of Facility related equipment and material.
- Must be able to perform minor electrical, mechanical or structural repairs him/herself.
- Responds timeously to operational emergencies such as electrical failures, water leaks, etc
- Stays available for call out in emergencies.
Health & Safety
- Oversight of Health and Safety issues.
- Responds timeously to operational emergencies such as electrical failures, water leaks, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance and safe-keeping of all equipment (i.e. tools, ladders, etc.).
- Responsible for adherence to the OSH Act and good housekeeping of the facilities at all times.
- Identify potential risks and action such risks timeously
- Consideration of Health & Safety in accordance with the OHSACT.
- Maintenance and testing of emergency equipment and procedures.
- Checks and ensures that all fire fighting equipment is inspected and serviced as per regulations.
Leases Agreements and SLA’s
- Landlord, Supplier and contractor liaison as well as negotiation of Leases etc.
- Source new competitive suppliers.
- Ensure that the correct procedures are followed and that the Suppliers are registered.
- Have monthly meetings with Suppliers to get regular updates on new product/equipment available.
- Sources suitable suppliers and assists in negotiating pricing and service delivery.