My client is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team in Isando - Johannesburg.
· Provides accurate, timely, reliable and complete financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports, performing transactional processing and close, consolidate, reporting procedures.
· Executes on the financial reporting, budgeting and accounting function.
· Prepare monthly journal entries
· Maintain fixed asset registers
· Prepare monthly balance sheet recons
· Prepare monthly profit and loss statements for all branches and all business units, approximately 21 branches/business units
· Perform variance analysis on all GL accounts
· Be involved in the improvement of the financial statements
· Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports that management may require.
· Responds and addresses financial audit queries.
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Complies with financial legal requirements (including Tax, Vat, IFRS etc) by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.