Our client in the Northern Suburbs is seeking to employ an Audit Senior at their medium sized firm in Durbanville. This role will take on the form of a client manager where the incumbent will manage a portfolio of clients and staff, but also form part of the team on large assignments. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, as part of a team, manage small teams, must have SME portfolio and Caseware experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce client reports (AFS, Minutes, Certificates, Management letters etc.)
- Propose and finalise audit opinions.
- Completion of accounting, audit and tax assignments.
- Audit assignment budget planning and management.
- Monitoring and evaluation of performance in relation to budget.
- Conduct full audit file reviews and related reports to ensure the relevant files are ready for sign off.
- Perform tax return reviews.
- Manage resourcing and plotting of staff members on audit engagements.
- Work allocations as required by individual audit assignments.
- Ensure audit planning documentation is completed.
- Approve timesheets.
- Perform billings and manage WIP.
- Performance management of staff members including, continuously providing feedback to staff.
- Provide technical assistance to staff members (where required).
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BCom Finance degree or similar.
- Completed SAICA or SAIPA articles.
- Professional body registration will be advantageous, i.e. CA(SA), AGA(SA), PA(SA).
- Audit and accounting experience.
- Practice environment background.
- Minimum 1+ years previous experience, preferably in a supervisory role.
- A thorough knowledge of IFRS for SME's; IFRS; ISA; and taxation.
- Experience with CaseWare.
- Initiative / pro-activity.
- Team leadership.
- Ability to develop talent.
- Adherence to principles and values
- Writing and reporting skills.
- Information gathering and problem analysis skills.
- Able to demonstrate and exercise sound judgment skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Quality and detail orientation.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work and cope under pressures and deal with setbacks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Results driven and able to achieve work goals and objectives.
- Own transport.
- R25k to R35k ctc pm, depending qualifications and experience.