An Established commercial property management group is looking to appoint a portfolio manager, based in the Durban are, To provide leadership and strategic direction for the operation of all the properties within the Group portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop the annual budget of each property within the Group portfolio as well as the Divisional Budget for the Management Company.
• To monitor the financial and operational performance of the buildings and recommend and implement changes to ensure that objectives are met.
• Analyse market conditions, occupancy trends and competitive pricing in order to make recommendations in respect of market rents, renewal rates and retention programmes.
• Oversee the effective management and maintenance of each asset, provide capital improvement recommendations and authorize in terms of Group Policy.
• Participate in the purchase and disposal of Group assets.
• Establish new relationships and maintain key tenant relationships.
• Ensure quality tenant relations and resolve escalated issues.
• Ensure that key service provider relationships are maintained.
• Ensure compliance to Company policies and procedures and other applicable laws and regulations.
• Monitor rental collection and record variances to Manco.
• Work with Legal team on issues involving lease compliance and review status of litigation cases. Oversee insurance of each asset and ensure claims are appropriately managed.
• Provide ongoing supervision of direct reports, providing daily work direction, scheduling, performance evaluations, training.
• Overseeing of portfolio team of Lease Administrator and Operations Managers and assist and advise them on performing their jobs to the best of their ability and for the benefit of the group as a whole.
• Interact with Financial Managers, Bookkeepers and Rentroll Administrators.
• Ensure Company policies and procedures are being adhered to.