Our client is leading supplier of blueberry plants, genetic material and grower support to their global customer base. They have set up operations in the Paarl area and are seeking to appoint a Sales and Grower Support Representative. The incumbent will provide a high-level customer-focused technical service through technical product support and sales execution for their commercial customers.
The position will report to the Commercial Manager whilst collaborating with the regional and global teams.
The duties among others include:
- Serve as the primary representative to assist customers with all aspects of the sales process including plant ordering, availability, terms and conditions and other interactions that lead to a successful relationship with the customer
- Responsible for providing product support and technical assistance to commercial customers
- Responsible for identifying and developing new accounts in the assigned region
- Supports new and existing licensees with technical product support and facilitates plant orders as required
- Provides feedback and timely intel to management regarding the state of the industry and our competition.
- As a member of the Global Commercial Team, provides support and input on horticultural and commercial issues of interest to the group.
- Responsible for reporting field observations on variety and selection performance to R&D, Applied Research, and the Commercial department
- Represents the company as an attendee and occasionally as a presenter at regional meetings, tradeshows, and industry events.
- Plans and implements educational seminars for growers and customers in the assigned region as needed
- Responsible for scheduling and managing existing and prospective customer visits to nursery locations, and to farm operations
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- This position will require frequent day, overnight and some international travel