Employer: Planet Fitness
Planet Fitness will be expanding to Middelburg Mpumalanga, with new opportunities for growth and expansion for a Group Exercise Manager.
Job purpose : Demonstrate high standards of group exercise through passion, professionalism and inspiration to our members by managing and developing a winning team.
Reports to: Club General Manager
Your Workout : (Tasks & Responsibilities)
Endurance (Daily) - Manage new member induction. - Deliver a minimum of 5 group exercise classes on shift per week. - Ensure daily capturing of class attendance and analyze class performance to achieve participation vs access, studio capacity and CPH targets. - Ensure exercise studios are clean, presentable and all equipment is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and health and safety at all times. - Manage time and ways of working through departmental diary. - Support the Management Team with compliance to Health and Safety and Operational Procedures as well as carry out Manager on Duty Roles as per the company standard and requirements
Strength (Weekly) - Provide a group exercise schedule to enhance member experience and participation through weekly analysis of class programs, instructor performance and events. - Ensure all group exercise and electronic schedules are updated and correctly displayed for members according to company requirements and standards. - Complete and submit 3x weekly group exercise instructor class reviews according to company requirements and standards.
Interval (Monthly) - Prepare group exercise schedules monthly submitting a monthly projected spend according to company requirements and standards. - Collate and verify all group exercise instructor sign-in sheets and invoices monthly against the admin tool and submit by the required deadline. - Plan and execute a minimum of 2x monthly events to achieve maximum group exercise participation, member retention and attraction of new members. - Attract, set-up recruitment days and retain group exercise instructors according to company requirements and standards.
Warm-Up: (Knowledge, Competence & Capability)
- Relevant group exercise qualification in minimum of 3x group exercise programs.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in managing group exercise in a health club or similar role.
- Proficient with basic office computer software (word, excel and email)
- Event organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to develop own interaction skills.
- Ability to engage with members, group exercise instructors and colleagues.
- Reliable transport
Be a Role Model: (Behaviors & Attitude)
- Can interact with Colleagues and Members to demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Daily interaction with members and instructors to strive for the best group exercise experience.
- Has drive and tenacity to succeed
- Demonstrates a 'hands-on' approach to and ownership of personal development.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in all club areas.
1. Usage vs Access as per company expectation 2. Cost per member as per company expectation 3. Usage vs Capacity as per company expectation 4. Instructor Spend in line with budget as per company expectation
**Please note that if you have not heard from us within 14 days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Apply before Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 3 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.