You will be working in a fast-paced retail environment, where you can expect every day to be different. At some times of the day, you will be behind a desk working on emails, & at others, you will be on your feet, front & centre, helping customers directly. Here is a quick look at your job requirements as a Sales Assistant:
- Greeting customers with a smile, advising & serving them
- Corresponding with customers & booking orders via email
- Making coffee (barista training will be provided)
- Taking detailed customer orders via phone
- Handling customer complaints in-store
- Reaching predetermined sales targets
- Ensuring stock levels are well-maintained
- Ensuring shop displays are neat & tidy
- Ad hoc tasks such as collection of supplies/shopping for the day-to-day running of the business, deliveries, errands, printing/making copies, assembling boxes for cake packaging, & other similar tasks.
You will be expected to have superior written & verbal communication skills, an energetic, outgoing personality, & possess excellent knowledge of the company’s products & services.
You will be required to work 09h00-18h00, 5 out of any of the 7 days in a week, determined in a monthly roster (Saturdays 09h00-17h00 & Sundays 09h00-15h00). You can expect to be busier from Thursdays to Saturdays as these are our peak business days. Overtime may be required during particularly busy weeks. Should you display signs of leadership, there may be room for your personal growth within the company.
Required skills, knowledge & personal characteristics:
- Excellent English communication skills (additional South African languages a bonus) - both verbal & written
- Perfect spelling & grammar
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of iOS & Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask, take initiative & think on your feet
- Self-confidence & enthusiasm is absolutely necessary
- Being polite & helpful, with lots of patience, as well as being able to maintain a friendly & energetic attitude towards customers & the team, even after being on your feet for 7 hours or more.
- A minimum of 1 year’s work experience in the retail &/or face-to-face customer service sector/s is essential.
If you believe that you meet all of the above-mentioned requirements, can start as soon as possible & would like to join our team, please forward your CV with at least 2 contactable references. We will get back to you if we are interested in scheduling an interview.
Salary on offer: R 5 000 per month, before any deductions. Your personal & professional growth in this position will open the door to financial growth as well.
Required starting date: as soon as possible.