This is not a typical financial role and will suit someone with a passion for developmental work who is looking to apply their financial and accounting skills in this area.
You will report to the Financial Manager. You will be required to provide analysis of the financial statements of organizations who have applied for funding, review financial reports submitted by organizations that have received funding and provide financial support and reporting to the grant-making team and organizations.
In a typical year, you would undertake 100 financial reviews of organizations who have applied for funding (grant sizes ranging from R100,000 to R1m+) and review approximately 130 financial reports submitted by organizations.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Perform financial analysis on potential beneficiaries (due diligence) with a view to understanding whether the organizations are financially viable and have the financial capacity to manage the grants in question.
- For larger projects that are repeat recipients, develop a good working knowledge of their operations and finances.
- Ensure that all financial reviews of grant applicants are completed timeously. Provide weekly updates to the Financial Manager on the status of reviews.
- Review financial reports submitted by organizations that have received grants;
- Based on your review, make recommendations as to whether further grants or tranches should be advanced.
- Ensure that all financial reviews are completed timeously. Provide weekly updates to the Financial Manager on the status of reviews.
Support to Grants team
- Act as a point of reference for both the Finance and Grants team in respect of the legislative environment relating to non-profit organizations, including, but not limited to, the Income Tax Act, the VAT Act and the Companies Act (forms of entity incorporation).
- Provide Grants team with financial information to help them in their understanding of the financial requirements relative to their programmes (legislation).
- Actively participate in the weekly Grants team meetings, bringing a financial perspective to the discussions where necessary.
- Act as a key link between the Finance and the Innovation Teams.
- Provide assistance in respect of ad-hoc queries and issues raised by the Innovation Team.