Position - Accountant
Level - Junior-level
Experience - 2+ years’ accounting experience in a similar role
Qualification - Degree in Accounting / Finance or Qualified by experience
Salary - R12k – R16k ctc pm, depending experience
Company - Assurance and Accounting
Sectors - Financial Services and Advisory
Location - Irene, Pretoria
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Accountant at a well-established audit and financial management firm. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, taking over a portfolio of clients. Advantages would be experience in a similar practice role, processing accounts of a portfolio of clients, VAT calculations and submissions, resolving SARS queries and experience in Pastel (V14 and higher) and Sage One.
With a committed workforce of about 50 exceptional individuals, the firm in Irene continues to deliver services that are of the highest quality, ethics, morality and efficiency to all its clients and related parties, ensuring a competitive edge in the market.
- Manage a portfolio of clients.
- Perform monthly bookkeeping, management accounts and payroll for clients.
- Writing up of more complex accounting records for clients on Pastel and Sage One accounting software.
- Performing key reconciliations as required for clients.
- Responsible for calculating, reconciling and submission of VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Manages SARS VAT Reviews and VAT Audits.
- Process and reconcile:
- Debtors / Customers.
- Creditors / Suppliers.
- Cash book including Bank Manager.
- BIC reports.
- Required to process in excess of 40 diverse sets of books a month to trial balance.
Candidate Profile Description and Requirements
The ideal candidate will be someone who has the following qualifications, experience and characteristics:
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting / Finance will be an advantage.
- Currently works or has worked for an Accounting and Audit practice.
- Has a minimum of 2 years bookkeeping / accounting experience in practice.
- Has a good working knowledge of Pastel Version 14 or higher and/or Sage One.
- Is proficient in Excel.
- Has a good telephone manner.
- Has good spoken and written communication skills to interact with clients and client suppliers.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural open-plan environment.
- Is target and deadline driven.
- R12k – R16k ctc pm, depending experience.