Plexsa Manufacturing is looking for a capable and adaptable individual to join our team as an assembly and chemical technician. We require someone with excellent fine motor skills and who is good at following processes and instruction.
Main job purpose
To assemble high frequency electronic components as well as etch high quality PCBs.
The assembly process involves fine work with a soldering iron and scalpel with the use of a microscope, and the etching processes involves CAD, chemical processes and taking measurements using a microscope.
- Cutting out artworks from the PCBs
- Soldering connectors onto artworks
- Modification of connectors by means of compression or filing
- Administration regarding assembled components
- Stock control of tools used in both the assembly and etching processes
- Quality inspection of milled components
- PCB development by means of CAD
- Etching of artworks
- Administration regarding the etching process
- Stock control of materials and chemicals used in the etching process
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery used in the etching process is well maintained
- All time sheets, job cards and task feedbacks are filled in and kept up to date at all times
- Adherence to all health and safety requirements and ISO 9000 quality control standards
The company specializes in the design and manufacture of top quality high frequency filters and multiplexers. The company needs someone who will uphold a high standard of work and a commitment to quality while being adaptable and thinking creatively to solve problems and improve processes. The company recognizes that its processes are very specialized and as such the new employee will be trained in the processes and is not expected to know them beforehand, but is expected to learn well and apply themselves to the tasks in a manner reflecting the capabilities listed above. Considering that it is a small company the employee may also, from time to time, be asked to perform various other small tasks that are reasonable such as sealing components with epoxy.
Starting date: immediately
The employee will be responsible for own transport.