In keeping with its namesake, the Orion constellation of stars, the Orion Group plans on becoming one of the most easily recognised stars in the Southern African and International Business Galaxy.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Take full responsibility for the running of the kitchen.
· Day-to-day running of the Kitchen, adhering to the company’s policies and procedures at all times.
· Ensure that a good image is projected by all colleagues, this being efficiency, courtesy, helpfulness, appearance and cleanliness.
· Ensure that the required level of discipline and deportment is being maintained at all times by all colleagues, all Staff must adhere at all times to the Policies and Procedures as set out by the Company.
· To ensure that Guest queries and complaints are being dealt with in an efficient, prompt and courteous manner, achieving maximum guest satisfaction.
· Timeous production of quality food at optimal cost under hygienic conditions.
· To plan menu’s according to allocated meal allocations
· Establish Daily supervision; Delegate to sous Chef and floor Chefs.
· Smooth running of the kitchen must be ensured daily
· To ensure that all food service points viz. buffets or breakaway stations, are set up correctly in accordance with the function’s or daily requirements
· providing assistance on menu choice and costing thereof
· Present all menus for prospective clients and /or menus for functions at Management request
· Culinary Certificate from a Recognizable Culinary Institute
· Portfolio of Evidence – Cuisine Specialties
· 5 Years’ Experience as Head Chef in Production Kitchen or Fine Dine Establishment
· Strong All Round Knowledge of Kitchen Management
· Hotel background is essential
· Work under pressure
· Be efficient & creative
· Plan ahead
· Attention to detail