BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR: INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT
MUST HAVE EXCELLENT FINANCIAL ACUMEN & KERRRIDGE/AUTOLINE SYSTEM EXPERIENCE
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY: AFRICAN FEMALE/MALE
The purpose of this position is to facilitate and manage all aspects of the branch’s financial administration function; to plan and co-ordinate financial support services and financial activities in the branch; to ensure best management practices are followed in all areas of responsibility, to implement and uphold actions in line with company strategic vision, to maximize efficiency of and to ensure company financial admin operations are managed profitably according to set targets
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
To perform this job successfully, the appointed individual must be able to perform each essential duty / key performance area satisfactorily. This list of key performance areas is not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time:
- Overall responsibility to facilitate and manage all aspects of the branch financial administration function, e.g.:
· Cashbook payments
· Debtors / receivables
· Creditors / payables
· Purchase control / nominal ledger control
· Creation of new customer accounts on marketing system / manage operating system & controls
- Set goals and deadlines for and monitor performance to target of the branch in respect of financial controls.
- Collect and analyse data to detect deficient financial or operational controls, duplicated effort, excessive costs, fraud or non-compliance with laws, company policies or good corporate governance.
- Review and analyse data for assets, capital stock, surplus, income and expenditures.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Confer with company and principal officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Analyse internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations
- Submit timeously an accurate revision and combination of operational budgets and submission thereof to General Manager / Regional Director for presentation to board of directors.
- Submit timeous and accurate documentation pertaining to tax returns to group financial manager / director
- Ensure branch compliance to statutory regulations pertaining to good corporate governance in branch
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of financial administration functions – ensure sound financial management of branch operations in line with budgets and company strategic objectives
- Preparation and presentation of weekly, monthly and quarterly + ad hoc reports
- Ensure proper and timeous communication with and responses to requests for information from group financial manager / director
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of employees in the financial administration department – e.g. set goals and deadlines for and monitor performance to target of the financial clerks and administrators; overall responsibility to manage staff (bi-annual performance appraisals per staff member, payroll information to be compiled and submitted timeously, monthly departmental meetings, achieving employee morale survey target, managing leave and absenteeism, implementing and driving Investors In People in line with company strategic objectives, ensure effective inter-departmental and internal communication; maintaining compliance with company’s personnel policies with regards to hiring, terminations, compensation, benefits, discipline, grievances, safety and training).
- Overall responsibility to continuously evaluate and implement training strategies and ensure quality of training interventions regarding general and specific financial administration skills of personnel.
- Drive customer service excellence & ensure good relations and communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to encourage, develop and implement operational innovation
· BCom qualification with Accounting 3
· Completed articles and / or proven and relevant experience and success in a similar financial management position in the material handling or motor dealership industry; minimum of 5 years relevant experience
· Ideal candidate will have experience working on the Kerridge system
· Knowledge Requirements:
· Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
· English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
· Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
· Law and Government — Knowledge of relevant laws and legal codes, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
· Code 8 Drivers license